Balanced Healing | Optimal Wellness
Marc Bystock Acupuncture is the premier Madison Avenue acupuncture clinic in New York City. Our approach to health care is unique. We combine our state of the art treatment with in-office testing, nutrition and herbal medicine for our patients. Our goal is to always create a state of balanced healing and optimal wellness. We specialize in degenerative eye conditions, cardio-metabolic disorders and pain management.
Our individualized treatment programs utilize an integrative approach. We combine Micro-acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, pulsed electromagnetic frequency, cold laser, auriculotherapy, and electro-acupuncture with botanicals and nutrition to help support your vision.
Micro-Acupuncture is a unique system of 48 newly discovered acupuncture points located on the hands and feet. The treatment of these powerful points may improve the health of your eyes. This system was researched and refined during the 1980’s in Denmark. Since then, few practitioners have been trained in it.
We treat patients with Macular Degeneration, Retinitis Pigmentosa, Glaucoma, Stargardt’s syndrome, Optic Neuritis, Diabetic Retinopathy, Optic Nerve Atrophy Dry Eyes, and other degenerative disorders.
Marc Bystock, L.Ac. has been treating patients with acupuncture, herbs and nutritional therapies since 1996. He is one of the few practitioners using these cutting-edge techniques to help improve vision loss from various degenerative eye conditions.
Cardio-Metabolic syndrome (CMS) is the combination of central obesity, hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipidemia and hypertension linked by insulin resistance and systemic inflammation.
Cardio-metabolic disorders include: high blood pressure, being overweight, diabetes type 2, low HDL, high LDL, high triglycerides and gout.
People with the cardio-metabolic syndrome are twice as likely to die from coronary heart disease and three times as likely to have a heart attack or stroke than those who do not have CMS. It is now known that central adiposity is a major contributor to cardio-metabolic risk.
There are many challenges to bringing these risk factors under control. Cardio-metabolic programs and therapeutic strategies exist that combine acupuncture, diet, supplements, and exercise to maximize success in reducing CMS risk factors.
Western medicine uses drugs that often have risky side-effects to control the many symptoms of CMS.
Our plans are sometimes used in tandem with western medicine to help lower medication levels and with many patients our modalities are used on their own to support whole-body health.
We use holistic strategies including acupuncture, herbs and food plans to lower systemic inflammation that may be the underlying cause of cardio-metabolic disorders.
Pain is either acute or chronic.
It may be severely limiting of life’s activities for years at a time.
Western medicine may provide drugs and surgery, but it struggles to resolve pain conditions often coming up with only mixed results.
In addition, most medications have some negative side effects that may be very uncomfortable. Fortunately, there is another 5olution.
How Does Acupuncture Help Pain?
Acupuncture stimulates the nervous system, moves energy, improves blood circulation and reduces inflammation and pain.
Western studies have shown that acupuncture has a powerful effect on chemical producers and receptors in the brain. Endorphins, the feel-good chemicals that are released by physical activity and emotional excitement, may be at the heart pain-relieving’s pain relieving abilities. There is little doubt that its effects are powerful.
What Types of Pain Does Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture can be used as a supportive therapy, with Western treatments, for most medical conditions. Chronic pain, such as arthritis and low back pain, is very manageable with acupuncture. In some cases, it may even work when traditional Western medical methods have failed.
• Arthritis: Research shows that acupuncture has a tremendous effect on the pain associated with osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and fibromyalgia.
• Back Pain and Sciatica: Low back pain is a common complaint. Sciatica pain occurs whenthe pain radiates down the leg. Acupuncture may have a dramatic effect on alleviating the pain and helping your body clear the inflammation that may be present.
• Neck and Shoulder Pain: Stress-related muscle tension in neck and shoulder regions or old injuries may cause both neck and shoulder pain. Poor posture, extended sitting, working on computers and starring at smart phones are all modern day reasons for causing chronic neck and shoulder pain.and other lifestyle factors can also cause neck and shoulder pain. Research shows that acupuncture is very effective at driving down the inflammation in these areas that relieves pain.
• Nerve Pain: Known as neuropathy, nerve pain has many causes, from diabetes to traumatic injury. It may be a sharp burning or stabbing pain, or a tingling nerve pain that could limit the quality of your life. Acupuncture is the answer to help resolve and manage pain. It’s free of harmful side effects and often usually works quickly improving the quality of your life.
Our mission is to improve the quality of our patient’s lives by providing the highest possible level of Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Nutrition. At Marc Bystock Acupuncture, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding patient care. We uphold the highest standards in moral and ethic conduct.
Our Range of Plans Give You Flexible Care
Our practice at Marc Bystock Acupuncture accepts insurance for acupuncture patients. In order to best serve you, I can verify your insurance benefits before you arrive. Please click on the link below and complete the online form. I will contact you as soon as the benefits are established.
In 1984, Micro Acupuncture was developed in Denmark. It is an advanced acupuncture procedure to treat medically diagnosed degenerative eye diseases. The discovery of 48 acupuncture points on the hands and feet, not associated with other acupuncture points, will...
What Can Acupuncture Do for Weight Loss?
– Reduce food cravings: Like the way that acupuncture may treat addictions, It also can lower food cravings.
– Improve digestion: Bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea. Acupuncture can harmonize the digestive process making symptoms disappear.
– Metabolism: Acupuncture may help to increase metabolic activity including thyroid, endocrine glands and stabilize glycemic index.
– Lower Stress: Acupuncture can produce a state of general relaxation producing endorphins and lowering stress levels.
– Detoxification: Acupuncture can improve the function of the liver and kidney as well as peristalsis or exiting flow out of the body to ensure that detoxification is well supported.
– Support and balance hormones: Acupuncture regulates and harmonizes hormones to work together in a synchronous manner.
– Sleep: Acupuncture produces deep high-quality sleep patterns. Good sleep is necessary for your body to heal itself and to lose weight.
When your body is under stress of any sort, your autonomic nervous system stimulates the adrenal glands to flood your body with cortisol. This gives a temporary boost in energy and increases your appetite causing you to eat more food.
Acupuncture is the reset button for stress reduction. Treatments 1-2 times per week will lower stress significantly, improve sleep, boost your metabolism and balance hormones.
Chinese medicine may be excellent for helping individuals who are experiencing hair loss. According to the research by University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture reduces hair loss and promotes hair growth: patients’ improvement was 85-90% after receiving both herbal therapy and acupuncture.
The primary objective of treatment for any type of hair loss with Chinese herbs and acupuncture is to address the health of the hair follicle roots by strengthening them.